REPAIR SERVICES AGREEMENT
This Repair Services Agreement is made effective as of the date an estimate is approved, by and between the recipient of repair services (the "Recipient"), and Ivy's Appliance Service of 1210 Fort Worth Drive, Denton, Texas 76205 (the "Provider").
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES. Ivy's Appliance Service will provide to the Recipient the following services (collectively, the "Services"):
Examine and diagnose problems with one or more appliance(s). Provide a repair estimate. Perform repairs per the estimated invoice. Advise customer if additional supplies, parts, or repairs are required or recommended.
2. PAYMENT. Payment shall be made to Provider in the total invoiced amount upon completion of Services.
In addition to any other right or remedy provided by law, in the case of in-store repairs if the Recipient fails to pay for the Services when due and/or if the Recipient fails to retrieve their appliance(s) within 30 days of the first notification of the completion of repairs, Ivy's Appliance Service has the option to treat such failure as a material breach of this Agreement and may sell the recipient’s appliance(s) to recoup the balance owed.
3. TERM. Upon completion of services and payment has been received.
4. WARRANTY. Provider shall provide its services and meet its obligations under this Agreement in a timely and workmanlike manner, using knowledge and recommendations for performing the services which meet generally acceptable standards in Provider's community and region, and will provide a standard of care equal to, or superior to, care used by service providers similar to Provider on similar projects.
5. DEFAULT. The occurrence of any of the following shall constitute a material default under this Agreement:
a. The failure to make a required payment when due.
b. The insolvency or bankruptcy of either party.
c. The subjection of any of either party's property to any levy, seizure, general assignment for the benefit of creditors, application, or sale for or by any creditor or government agency.
d. The failure to make available or deliver the Services in the time and manner provided for in this Agreement.
6. REMEDIES. In addition to any and all other rights a party may have available according to law, if a party defaults by failing to substantially perform any provision, term or condition of this Agreement (including without limitation the failure to make a monetary payment when due), the other party may terminate the Agreement by providing written notice to the defaulting party. This notice shall describe with sufficient detail the nature of the default. The party receiving such notice shall have 3 days from the effective date of such notice to cure the default(s). Unless waived in writing by a party providing notice, the failure to cure the default(s) within such time shall result in the automatic termination of this Agreement.
7. FORCE MAJEURE. If performance of this Agreement or any obligation under this Agreement is prevented, restricted, or interfered with by causes beyond either party's reasonable control ("Force Majeure"), and if the party unable to carry out its obligations gives the other party prompt written notice of such event, then the obligations of the party invoking this provision shall be suspended to the extent necessary by such event. The term Force Majeure shall include, without limitation, acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, storm or other similar occurrence, orders or acts of military or civil authority, or by national emergencies, insurrections, riots, or wars, or strikes, lockouts, work stoppages or other labor disputes, or supplier failures. The excused party shall use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or remove such causes of non-performance and shall proceed to perform with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed or ceased. An act or omission shall be deemed within the reasonable control of a party if committed, omitted, or caused by such party, or its employees, officers, agents, or affiliates.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation within 30 days, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties, and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
11. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement will be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision will be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
14. NOTICE. Any notice or communication required or permitted under this Agreement shall be sufficiently given if delivered in person or by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the address set forth in the opening paragraph or to such other address as one party may have furnished to the other in writing.
16. ATTORNEY'S FEES TO PREVAILING PARTY. In any action arising hereunder or any separate action pertaining to the validity of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be awarded reasonable attorney's fees and costs, both in the trial court and on appeal.